Races cancelled. I shoveled 18" yesterday of wet, heavy, April 18 snow. It was so heavy, it had to be taken out in two layers. So... I turned it into a plyometric strength workout, while my competition was laying around on the couch waiting for it to melt. Quick off the bottom to sling the snow as far into the yard as possible, 8-10 reps, switch hands, 8-10 reps, etc, alternate for 15 minutes, then rest for 2-3 minutes. This for 2 straight hours as I happily turned down my neighbor's offer to use his snow blower, all the while thinking about the long-term goal - Loretta's. My inner layer was soaked with sweat and I was worked by the time I finished. Awesome. Today, my obliques, lats, and shoulders are feeling the effects. Good stuff. I'm headed to the gym in a few for some high intensity moto replication on the rowing machine, stair stepper, and anything else I can get my hands on to dominate. Unfortunately, I'm traveling this week, so won't get to ride before next Saturday's practice for Sunday's race in Sterling. But I will get some gym time. Just waiting for Robb to send me the schedule. Until next week...
Dude, I feel so bad! I.e. I failed to realize the snow at my house was ALSO here for you to work out with. Next time I'll call you before I shovel and make sure you get every opportunity available to get an extra "workout" in while the competition (and I) are "laying around on the couch." ;-)
ReplyDelete